Students of the department have 24-hour access to the following facilities located within the
Other Computing Facilities on Campus
- CLSERV :
- A 16-core multicore server with a GPU accelerator and with large amounts of main memory and fast storage
- FIST CLUSTER :
- A 36-node InfiniBand cluster, each node is a 16-core dual socket server
- MCASTLE :
- Two high-end multicore servers with multiple GPUs, high end SSD storage, 10 GigE cards
- REQUESTING ACCOUNTS :
- Those who have an account on clmail do not need to get a new account on clserv - the same clmail credentials will work on clserv. For those who don't have such an account, or for access to fist-cluster and mcastle, please send an email to the appropriate address as listed below from your *CSA email account*-
- While requesting an account on fist cluster or mcastle, please always CC your advisor and mention a couple of lines on what programming model/software/library you plan to use.
- COMPUTING LABS :
- LiTec Lab - 6 high-end Intel Haswell workstations with 8 core/ 32GB memory/ 256GB SSD/ 2TB HDD with NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- Common mail & web servers.
- Contact System Admins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students and faculty of the institute also have access to a wide
range of computing facilities (including most softwares) available in the Supercomputer Education & Research Center (SERC) of the institute.
This includes the recently acquired SAHASRAT Supercomputer and the older one IBM Blue Gene Supercomputer.